Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving break was soooooo long.  I took it day by day.  One day Rhett played computer games all day...and the next we did lots of art.  It's all about the balance. 
 We went to Salem for Thanksgiving this year.  We had a great time.  First there were turkey hands and a turkey plane.
 Then there was cousin time.  Just look at those cuties!
 Next...ELF!
Oh, Mavis.  Always so photogenic.
 Rhett got to use Aunty Anne's Butter Beer mug.  He was only a little embarrassed excited about it.
Rhett likes to sneak into photos when I don't want him and scream at me or disappear when I want to take a photo of him.  Pain in the ass.
 Cousin Lucy helps stir the sweet potatoes.
 After dinner Rhett draws a picture of his favorite part of Thanksgiving.
I love spending quality time with my kids.  It's everything in between that can be really difficult.  Only two more weeks until Christmas break...how did that happen?  I've been a sewing/knitting machine over here.  Mavis and I got new Christmas coats a little early.  I'm working on 3 pairs of Christmas pjs, I just finished a Waldorf doll for Mavis, I'm working on a sweater for it, and I hope to make 2 more kids coats...we'll see.
 
I'm skipping my yearly hotel stay this year and I'm extremely sad about it.  I did it last year, but Mavis came later to spend the night with me.  Oh, Mavis...next year if you aren't sleeping through the night...I'm going anyway!

4 comments:

Duncan said...

Looked like a change of pace Thanksgiving. It's good to get the cousins together. . . I loved the photos, even the one Rhett poked-in on, pain in the ass and all. Mavis looks like she was chillin' and the one with the three girls was cute. It all looked like fun. . . Always miss pictures of you. Miss you all!
Love dad-gramps. . .

Katherine said...

Would you or anyone else here like to follow/subscribe to my blog? www.katherineconcannon.blogspo...
It's about my family and my life as a mother to 8, six adopted children and 2 biological children. I don't have any followers yet so i'd appreciate it if you'd follow it and/or pass it along to others. Thanks!

allbuttonedup said...

Hey! We should make plans for you all to come over during the longest Christmas break ever.

Anne said...

Super cute photos! Can't believe I'm just now seeing this post. We had such a great time. I loved having a full house on Thanksgiving. See you soon!