Monday, March 31, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Rhett in action. Rhett looking to see if the egg is a special prize egg. The smiley face eggs won you a prize.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
1. I would say our all time favorite thing to do is go to outdoor concerts during the Summer. We go to Krueger Farm, the Zoo, parks in the neighborhood, and The Pirate Festival to watch some outdoor music. Our favorite band...Captain Bogg and Salty!
2. During the winter we love going to Kennedy School to watch the music in the gym. They have music every Thursday. We love the square dancing nights. Do you see a theme here?
3. At home the only toys Rhett will get out every day are his instruments. He loves to bring us instruments and make a band. Rhett is always the singer.
4. Ok, a non music thing we love to do on the weekends is, go out for coffee. We usually order a latte and Rhett orders a vanilla steamer light on the vanilla. Most coffee shops in Portland have an area for kids to play. We love Sip and Kranz and Urban Grind.
5. Another weekend favorite is our "crepe" morning. We love crepes. I eat crepes with nutella and toasted almonds (which I almost always burn the first batch) and Dan and Rhett eat nutella, banana, and almonds. Yummmmm. I wish I had a picture to show you...
6. We love to travel. Dan and I have been to Europe a couple of times and we can't wait to go back. Rhett has been to six different states in his short life. Five of them were on the East Coast. We can't wait for our next traveling adventure! Ethiopia here we come! Yes, Rhett is going with us. How could we let him miss out on the exciting adventure of picking up his sister?
7. If you know me, you know my favorite family holiday is Halloween. It is a holiday, right? I love dressing Rhett up, I love going to the pumpkin patch, I love carving pumpkins, I love the decorations, and I love roasting pumpkin seeds. As a matter of fact, today Rhett was asking me to roast some pumpkin seeds. I told him he would have to wait until next Halloween.
8. We like anything outside. Hiking, going to the beach, camping, strawberry picking, playing at the park...
9. We love hanging out with our friends and family.
10. We also really enjoy a good meal (this link is for you Kathy...famous potpies) with our friends and family. Food=Love
There you have it...
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Rhett is getting excited to be a big brother. I think he is going to be the best big brother a little girl could ever have. Here are a few ways Rhett is thinking about being a big brother...
To a Goodwill employee, "My baby sister is in Ethiopia."
Today, Rhett came to me and said, "When I'm holding my baby sister I will sit on the little white chair and cuddle her."In the car Rhett announced, "When my baby sister is sleeping I will check on her." This was especially sweet, because I "check" on Rhett when he is in bed at night before he falls asleep. I believe it is a special thing and that it makes him feel safe.
Out of the blue Rhett said, "I will hug my baby sister, so she won't cry."
When Rhett found a small toy on the ground he said, "I need to put this on the table, so my baby sister doesn't put it in her mouth."
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Here is the tent that has been in the works since September! It is done. We were in Bolt the other day and Rhett spotted the fabric he picked out and asked me about the tent. So, I thought it was about time I finished it. By the way, Rhett told me the other day, "I really like the Bolt fabric store, but I don't really like to go to Joann." He has really good taste!